How to Make a Stacked Bench Bookcase
Try this casual approach to building bookcases from unfinished picnic-style benches in four simple steps.
What You Need
- Unfinished, assembled picnic-style benches in graduated sizes
- Stain or paint
- Paint brush
- Wood glue
How to Make It
- Start by buying picnic-style benches that arrive unfinished but assembled. Choose graduated sizes that fit the space you have in mind. We used 13-inch-wide benches that measure 36 inches, 48 inches and 60 inches long.
- Stain or paint the three benches as desired, then add a clear top coat following manufacturer's instructions.
- Center the benches on top of one another and use wood glue to secure.
- When the glue is dry, securely fasten the benches together using a drill and screws.