Fall Pumpkins with Drilled Holes
No kids around? Update the look of Halloween pumpkins with this easy technique.
Try something different this year by "carving" your pumpkins with an electric drill!
This is a super-quick way to get a sophisticated design that's just as effective as the pumpkin's traditional toothy grin.
Find a list of materials and how-tos below.
- Medium-size pumpkin
- Sharp knife
- Large spoon for scooping out seeds
- Round stickers
- Electric drill with various-size bits
- In the top of the pumpkin, use a sharp knife to carve out a lid, beveling the cut with the narrower diameter toward the bottom (inside) of the pumpkin.
- Scoop out the seeds and flesh with a large spoon.
- Create a pattern for the holes by applying stickers to the pumpkin. These pumpkins have simple vertical rows, small 4-hole diamonds, and linked triangle patterns.