The 9 Best Small Dehumidifiers to Protect Your Home from Humidity
With summer warmth inevitably comes humidity that can wreak havoc on your home. The dampness can ruin drywall and cause wood surfaces to rot, and even attract unwelcome visitors like insects and rodents. Perhaps most alarmingly, humidity creates the ideal breeding environment for mold and mildew, potentially causing allergies to flare up and generating long-term health issues.
Purchasing a dehumidifier is one of the easiest, most affordable ways to prevent issues caused by humidity. The devices draw moisture from the air to minimize indoor dampness, then store the water in a separate tank until it reaches capacity. Some empty the water via a hose attachment that transports the water directly to a drain source.
When shopping for a dehumidifier, keep in mind the size of the room you're looking to use it in, as well as the average temperature of that space. Most models have maximum square footage and minimum temperature specifications that'll help your unit work efficiently. You'll also need a place to put it; most small humidifiers average between 1.5 and 2 cubic feet.
If you're looking for a small dehumidifier for the bathroom, laundry room, or closet (or simply an option that can be kept out of sight), consider these top options that'll quickly rid any room of moisture. They're all available to purchase on Amazon.
- Best Overall: Pro Breeze Electric Small Dehumidifier
- Best Affordable: Seavon Electric Dehumidifier
- Best Splurge: Pure Enrichment PureDry Deluxe Dehumidifier
- Best Value: CosviiPortable Electric Mini Dehumidifier
- Best Quality: Hysure Compact Dehumidifier
- Best Small Dehumidifier with Hose Drain: Levoair Small Dehumidifier with Drain Hose
- Best Wireless Dehumidifier: Eva-Dry Wireless Mini Dehumidifier
- Best 2-in-1: Tenergy Sorbi Air Purifier and Dehumidifier
- Best for Ambiance: Seavon Portable Dehumidifier with Lights