The 7 Best Portable Air Conditioners, According to Thousands of Reviews
Sometimes a fan is just not enough to cool down a room, or maybe your home or apartment isn't equipped for a window AC unit. In either case, a portable air conditioner can help. While not necessarily a glamorous home addition, portable air conditioners help cool your home without the need for any installation or hardwiring. Simply plug one in, and start cooling!
What is the best portable air conditioner?
There are a few factors to take into account when searching for the best portable air conditioner. First, you should know where you plan on using it. Whether you want to place it in a spacious living room, use it in your bedroom at night, or even bring it with you on trips, knowing the size of the intended space will help you narrow down your options.
Another thing to consider is any additional functions you might want in an air conditioner. For instance, some units are designed to act as both a portable air conditioner and heater while others include dehumidifying modes.
To help you find the right unit for your home, we sorted through thousands of top-rated customer reviews on Amazon to determine the best portable air conditioners.
The Best Portable Air Conditioners
- Best-Rated: Black+Decker BPACT10WT Portable Air Conditioner, 10,000 BTU
- Best Dual-Hose: Whynter ARC-14S 14,000 BTU Dual-Hose Portable Air Conditioner
- Best Heating Option: SereneLife SLPAC Portable Air Conditioner, 10,000 BTU + Heat
- Best for Apartments: MIDEA 3-in-1 Portable Air Conditioner, Dehumidifier, Fan
- Best Affordable: COSTWAY Portable Air Conditioner, 8000 BTU
- Best Smart: Rollibot Rollicool Portable Air Conditioner
- Best Mini: Evapolar evaCHILL Personal Evaporative Portable Air Conditioner