Use thrift store or family-favorite neckties to craft a fashionable throw pillow.
1. Measuring from the point up, cut the neckties to the desired length; this will be the height of the pillow. Remove the stitching and labels from the ties and press them flat. Refold the ties so the long edges are parallel and press again. This will create the straight strips for the patchwork.
2. Position the ties on the canvas so all the points align and small triangles of canvas show between the points. Slip-stitch the ties to the canvas. Cut the canvas to the desired size, allowing 1/2-inch seam allowances.
3. Cover the cord with the contrasting fabric. Align the cord raw edges with the pillow front raw edges; the covered cord should be facing the pillow center. Baste the cord to the pillow front along the stitching line.
4. Cut the backing fabric to the same size as the pillow front. With right sides together, sew around the pillow, leaving an opening for turning and stuffing. Clip the corners and trim the seam allowances.
5. Turn the pillow right side out. Stuff it firmly with fiberfill and slip-stitch the opening closed.