Make a Geometric Accent Wall with Washi Tape
Take a boring beige wall from drab to fab with this easy washi tape design. Simply peel it off and try a new color or pattern when you're ready for a new look.
Does your living room need a facelift? What about that boring bedroom wall with nothing on it? Kick up the style in any space with a one-of-a-kind accent wall featuring washi tape. We created a geometric look with hexagons, but any shape or pattern will do. Washi tape is easily removable, making it a great option for rental dwellers. Plus you can touch up any mistakes and replace your design in a snap.
What You Need
- Washi tape in desired colors
- Printed hexagon template, two sizes
- Exacto knife
- Cutting surface
- On your computer, scale a hexagon pattern two sizes. Print and cut out. Trace onto cardboard and cut out to create your guides.
- Use a loop of washi tape to adhere the hexagon shape to the wall. Use a level to ensure straight lines.
- Follow the shape of the cardboard guide with washi tape to create a hexagon.
- Trim tape as needed.
- Repeat until you have your desired pattern.