Don't let drooping greenery get you down. This easy DIY wreath features artificial foliage and bright, cheerful pom-poms for a front door display that lasts all season. Use happy hues, such as our pink and yellow color scheme, for a warm weather front door update, or try a variety of blues for a wintry entry.
What You Need
- Yarn in desired colors
- Large embroidery hoop
- Pom-pom maker in two sizes
- 20-gauge floral wire
- Wire cutters
- Artificial greenery
- Make yarn pom-poms using a pom-pom maker. Make enough to cover at least half the embroidery hoop. Make two different sizes for variation. Don't have a pom-pom maker? Use this easy technique.
- Shape pom-poms with scissors. Trim tails unless you plan to use them for attaching.
- Using wire cutters, cut apart the artificial greenery.
- With floral wire, attach the greenery to the bottom half of the embroidery hoop.
- Using the tails of the pom-poms or additional floral wire, tie pom-poms to the hoop. Arrange until hoop is covered and greenery peeks out.