Copper Leaf Picture Frame
Transform a plain frame into something beautiful with this trendy DIY project.
White picture frames are a staple at every crafts store and likely something you may have been given as a gift but never bothered to display. It's time to take that plain frame and turn it into something you'll want to showcase in your home! We show you how to transform your boring frame into a style statement with trendy copper leaf accents. Follow along with our step-by-step instructions below.
- Picture frame
- Painters tape
- 1/2-inch and 1-inch soft-bristle paintbrushes
- Copper metal leaf adhesive
- Plastic gloves
- Copper leaf sheets
- Clear spray sealer
- Remove the backing from a clean picture frame.
- Use a pencil and ruler to mark 2 inches from each corner of the frame.
- Use painters tape to mask off sections you'd like to copper leaf. Be sure to wrap all the way around the frame.
- Use a 1/2-inch paintbrush to apply copper metal leaf adhesive to the sectioned-off areas. We recommend plastic gloves for this step!
- Let adhesive dry for about 30 minutes, or until tacky.
- With clean, dry hands, cut copper leaf to size and desired shape, leaving the tissue paper backing intact.
- Lay sheets, copper-side down, onto the tacky surface. Use the tissue paper to gently rub the copper onto the frame.
- Repeat with copper leaf until all spots are covered. You may use a 1-inch brush to smooth leaf into place.
- Spray with clear sealer and let dry.
- Slowly remove tape and add artwork to frame.