What You Need
1. With wrong side of outer fabric up, fold in a 1/2" seam on one side and press. Fold in a 1/2" seam again and press so you have a finished seam. Repeat on other three sides.
2. Miter corners either by simply folding or sewing.
3. If you are attaching a label, do so now.
4. Place outer fabric, right side down, on table. Place liner fabric, right side up (on PUL, this is the slick, shiny side), on top. Tuck liner under the unsewn seams of the outer fabric. Trim liner if needed so it fits flat. Use bobby pins to hold liner in place if needed.
5. Using 1/8" seam allowance, sew down inner edge of folded seam.
6. Choose a corner to be the top flap, or find the corner used for the label. Sew the 1-1/2" hook-and-loop tape 1/2" down from the corner, on the liner fabric, using a 1/8" seam allowance.
7. Sew the 4-1/2" loop tape 1/2" down from the opposite corner, on the outer fabric, using a 1/8" seam allowance.
What You Need (Measurements for smaller bag are in parentheses.)
Instructions (All seam allowances are 1/4" unless otherwise noted.)
1. With right sides together, sew one outer piece and one liner piece together along one of the long sides. This is one bag unit. Repeat with remaining two pieces.
2. Open two bag units and stack, right sides together, matching the fabrics (outer above outer, liner above liner). Use bobby pins to hold if needed.
3. Sew along perimeter of the stacked units, leaving approximately 2" open on the outer fabric portion. (Having the opening at the bottom will show the least.) Make sure to lay the first joined seam flat, folding liner over liner and outer over outer. This will help the finished pouch lay flat.
4. If you want boxed corners, follow the next steps. If not, clip corners and skip ahead to step 5.
5. Turn piece right side out through open seam. Use fingers or a chopstick to complete corner turns.
6. Tuck liner into bag and shape as needed. Finger-press the top edge where the two fabrics are joined.
7. Using bobby pins, center and hold the loop side of hook-and-loop tape to one of the inner sides of the top opening. Sew down with a 1/8" seam.
8. Using bobby pins, center and hold the hook side of the tape to one of the inner sides of the top opening. Sew down with a 1/8" seam.
9. Sew bottom seam closed using a ladder stitch.