What you'll need:
- Purchased wool throw
- 2 yards each of six different novelty ribbons in various widths (3/8, 1/2, 5/8, 3/4, and 1 inch) in red, green, and cream
- 6x60-inch strip of lightweight fusible interfacing
- Sewing machine; thread
- Sewing needle; scissors
- No. 3 and No. 5 pearl cotton and embroidery floss in red, green, and cream
- Assorted beads for embellishment
continue reading below
- Determine ribbon placement. (Ours is about 6 inches up from the bottom edge of throw.)
- On wrong side of throw, fuse the interfacing where the ribbons will go.
- Topstitch ribbons in place on the front of the throw.
- Embellish ribbons and spaces between ribbons with beads and various embroidery stitches in pearl cotton and embroidery floss.