For the hangers:
For the ornaments:
1. Download and enlarge the pattern from the link below.
2. Cut out two tree shapes from wool or wool felt and one from batting. Cut four concentric circles in different colors from wool or wool felt with the largest circle being 2-1/2 inches in diameter. Using a long stitch, sew the circles on top of each other and one wool tree to make the ornament front.
3. Trim the batting tree slightly smaller than the wool trees. Baste the batting to the second wool tree to make the ornament back.
4. Cut a 6-1/2-inch length of wire. Fold it in half to make a tight U-shape. Referring to the photo, use pliers to make a tight circle on each end and curl them into loose spirals.
5. Cut an 8-inch length of wire. Wrap it around a pencil and twist it tightly on itself. Continue twisting until the strand is 2-1/2 inches long. Trim the twisted wire to 2-1/4 inches long.
6. Slip the twisted wire into the U-shape of the spiraled wire. Using heavy thread, wrap the base of the U to hold the pieces together. Secure the pieces with hot glue.
7. Hot-glue the ornament hook to the top of the felt tree so the thread-wrapped base will be encased. Whipstitch the ornament front to the ornament back.