Princess Shirt Crown Applique
Girly and fun, this little pink appliqued tiara is the perfect embellishment to a plain pink tee.
- Pink dot fabric
- Solid pink fabric
- Solid turquoise fabric
- Turquoise dot fabric
- Purple dot fabric
- Dark pink dot fabric scraps
- 1/6 yard each of rhinestone trim and feather trim
- Lightweight or heavyweight fusible web
- Fabric stabilizer
- Machine-embroidery thread to match the appliques
Cut Your Fabrics
- From pink dot, cut: 1 of Princess Pattern A
- From solid pink, cut: 4 of Princess Pattern B
- From solid turquoise, cut: 4 of Princess Pattern C
- From turquoise dot, cut: 1 each of letters I and E
- From purple dot, cut: 1 each of letters P, N, and S
- From dark pink dot, cut: 1 each of letters R, C, and S
Preparing the Applique
Lay fusible web, paper side up, over patterns. Use a pencil to trace each pattern the number of times indicated in specific shirt instructions, leaving at least 1/2 inch between tracings.
To prepare appliques with regular edges, cut out each fusible-web shape roughly 1/4 inch outside traced lines. Following manufacturer's instructions, press fusible-web shapes onto backs of assorted fabric scraps as indicated in specific shirt instructions. Let cool, then cut out fabric shapes on drawn lines; peel off paper backings to make appliques.
To prepare appliques with raggy edges, cut out each fusible-web shape 1/4 inch inside the traced lines. Following manufacturer's instructions, press fusible-web shapes onto backs of assorted fabric scraps as indicated in specific shirt instructions, leaving at least 1/2 inch between fusible-web shapes. Let cool, then cut out fabric shapes about 1/4 inch beyond the edges of the fusible-web shapes; peel off paper backings to make appliques.
How to Make It
- Arrange all applique pieces on chest area of pink T-shirt. Fuse in place following manufacturer's directions; let cool.
- If using lightweight fusible web, stitch around edges of each piece with a narrow zigzag or blanket stitch.
- Referring to photograph, hand-stitch rhinestone trim to base of crown. Sew individual rhinestone medallions at each crown point. Hand-stitch feather trim at base of crown below rhinestone trim. (Check to see if your feather trim is machine-washable; if not, remove before laundering shirt, or hand-wash.)