What You Need
- Scrap of green print (appliques)
- Scrap of orange print (appliques)
- Purchased child's denim overalls with snap crotch
- Lightweight fusible web
- Machine embroidery thread in matching colors
continue reading below
How to Make It
- Lay fusible web, paper side up, over patterns (download above).
- Use a pencil to trace each pattern three times, leaving at least 1/2-inch between tracings.
- Cut out each fusible-web shape roughly 1/4-inch outside traced lines.
- Following manufacturer's instructions, press fusible-web shapes onto backs of designated fabrics; let cool.
- Cut out fabric shapes on drawn lines and peel off paper backings.
- From green print scrap, cut 3 of Pattern A
- From orange print scrap, cut 3 of Pattern B
- Position three carrot tops and three carrots on denim overalls.
- Fuse all pieces in place.
- Using color-coordinated embroidery threads, machine-satin-stitch appliques in place.