This colorful ensemble covers ordinary and extraordinary milestones, from graduations to Mother's Day and Father's Day. Celebrate the season and share your joy by making cards that show how much you care.
A trail of pastel eyelets leads to a fluttering butterfly on this beguiling card.
1. Cut an 8-1/2 x 5-1/2-inch rectangle from the green card stock; fold in half widthwise. Print a message onto the patterned paper; cut into a 3-1/2 x 4-7/8-inch rectangle, positioning the message toward the bottom right corner. Cut a 3-7/8 x 5-1/4-inch rectangle from the blue card stock. Set aside.
2. Emboss two butterflies onto the yellow card stock and one butterfly onto the vellum; cut out and trim. Glue the vellum butterfly to a yellow butterfly, gluing only in the center so the wings appear to flutter. Cut the center from the remaining yellow butterfly and glue to the center of the vellum butterfly. For antennas, coil one end of each piece of wire using the small end of the embossing stylus; trim the uncoiled ends to the desired length. Glue the antennas to the butterfly's head.
3. Place the butterfly near the top right corner of the patterned rectangle. With a pencil, lightly mark a trail for the eyelets. Using the eyelet tool, secure the eyelets along the trail. Glue the butterfly to the card front. Glue the patterned rectangle to the blue rectangle; then glue the blue rectangle to the card front.
With four eye-popping daisies, this cheerful card is sure to brighten the day.
1. Cut a 4-3/8 x 8-3/4-inch rectangle from the white card stock; fold in half lengthwise.
2. Cut a 1-3/4-inch square and a daisy, using the pattern, from the yellow, blue, pink, and green card stocks. Cut two daisy centers from the yellow card stock and one center from the blue and orange card stocks. Glue a center to each daisy; then glue a daisy to each square. Lightly shade the flowers and squares with the chalk.
3. Cut a 3-7/8-inch square from the white card stock; glue the daisy squares to it. Cut a 4-1/8-inch square from the yellow card stock; glue the white square to it. Glue the layered square to the card front.
1. Fold a 3-1/8 x 7-1/4-inch yellow card stock rectangle in half lengthwise.
2. To make a pinwheel, cut a 2-3/4-inch yellow card stock square. Cut diagonally from each corner about halfway to the center. Punch a hole in the corners. Fold the corners to the center and insert a paper fastener through the holes.
3. Print a message on blue patterned paper. Cut the paper to 2-7/8 x 3-3/8 inches, centering the message toward the top. Place the pinwheel on the rectangle, push the paper fastener through the paper, and bend the ends to secure. Cut a pinwheel stem from wood-patterned paper and glue it in place. Adhere the rectangle on the card.
1. Cut the card to a 5-inch square. Cover the front and inside the card with muted blue paper. Cut a 4-1/2-inch square from star paper, mat it on white, and trim for a 1/8-inch border. Adhere it to the card.
2. On a cutting surface, cut a 2-inch-square window in the card. Glue the negative space on the inside of the card, aligning it with the window. Outline the window and the square in white.
3. Cut two 1-1/2-inch stars from medium blue and from light blue. Match points and glue the stars together. Cut the medium blue star 3/4 inch from a point toward the center. Cut the light blue star 5/8 inch between star points toward the center. Slide the stars together.
4. Curl 1-1/2 inches of wire around a stylus handle; pull apart slightly. Punch a hole in the star and thread wire through the hole. Punch a hole above the window. Insert the wire to the inside of the card for the star to hang in the window. Secure with a drop of crafts glue. Glue a silver thread bow over the hole.
5. Write "Congratulations, Graduate!" on the cover and "Keep reaching for the stars!" inside the card.
2. Fold a 7 x 10-inch blue paper rectangle widthwise. Line it with slightly smaller white paper.
3. Keeping the text within 1/2 x 2 inches, print a message in blue on white paper. Shadow the letters with black. Trace and cut the banner and letter patterns. Trace the banner pattern over the text and cut it out. Adhere the banner to red paper. Leaving a narrow margin, cut out the banner.
4. Trace and cut out "Top Pop" from red paper. Trim and center the photos in the Os. Adhere the remaining elements.
1. Cut 10 x 7-inch rectangles from parchment and vellum. Holding the papers together, scallop one narrow end with paper edgers. Trim 1/8 inch from the opposite edge. Align the straight edges; fold the card in half.
2. Referring to the photo, punch teardrops and large circles. Align the scallop edges, and punch through the layers.
3. Adhere stickers and write messages on the vellum. Punch holes 1-1/2 inches apart along the fold. Thread ribbon on a needle. From the inside of the card, insert the needle out through each hole and back in, leaving a small loop in each hole. Thread another piece of ribbon through the loops, leaving a 3-inch tail at each end. Trim the ribbon ends into a V. Tighten the ribbon ends inside the card.