Calling all American Patchwork & Quilting® readers!
This year, approximately 211,300 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer. The Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation has made great strides toward finding a cure for this disease. The staff of American Patchwork & Quilting® magazine is proud to partner with the Komen Foundation and the quilting manufacturers noted below to raise funds for additional research and outreach programs. We want you to join us in the fight against breast cancer.
How Can You Help?
- Create a quilt block with predominantly pink and white fabric that can be used in a quilt. We'll join the blocks together to make quilts to be auctioned off as a fund-raiser in October 2004. All net proceeds will be donated to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation.
- Create a 10-inch finished square (10-1/2 inches with seam allowances) using 100 percent cotton fabric.
- Piece, appliqué or embroider the design.
- Completed quilt blocks must be received by April 30, 2004. Include your name, address and the story behind your design.
- Participants of all ages welcome.
Send your finished quilt blocks to: American Patchwork & Quilting®, Quilt for the Cure™ Quilt Block Challenge, 1716 Locust St., GA 205, Des Moines, IA 50309.
The quilt blocks will not be returned. E-mail email@example.com with questions.
For breast health or breast cancer information, please contact the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation at 1 800 I'M AWARE® or
Quilt for the Cure™ is a trademark of the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation.