10"-square of 14-count Aida cloth
6"-diameter wooden embroidery hoop
DMC embroidery floss: #472, #606, #964
Size 24 tapestry needle
1. Place Aida cloth in embroidery hoop if desired, centering the
fabric. Pull fabric taut; tighten screw.
2. Following the chart and color key in pattern, center and cross-stitch the design using three strands of embroidery floss over one square of the fabric. To cross-stitch, see Stitch Basics.
3. Remove fabric from embroidery hoop. Using a warm iron and working on wrong side, press finished embroidery. Insert fabric into hoop, centering the design and pulling fabric taut.
4. When all stitching is complete, turn the hoop over. Stitch a running stitch approximately 1-1/2" outside the hoop in the fabric that extends past the hoop edges. Pull the thread to gather the fabric; knot the thread. Trim away the extra fabric approximately 1" outside the gathered line.
5. If desired, cut a felt circle that is slightly smaller than the back of the embroidery hoop. Whipstitch the felt circle to the gathered fabric on the back side of the hoop.