What You Need:Send Santa on his merry way.
- 7 x 8-inch piece of 14-count white Aida cloth
- Cotton embroidery floss in colors listed in the color key
- Kreinik blending filament in colors listed in the color key
- Size 24 tapestry needle
- 7 x 8-inch piece of medium-weight fusible interfacing
- Kreinik gold Japan thread
- Small sharp scissors
2. Prepare fabric. Zigzag-stitch or overcast the raw edges of the Aida cloth to prevent fraying. Find the center of the chart and the center of the fabric; begin stitching there.
3. Work cross-stitching. Use 3 plies of floss or 4 strands of blending filament to work all cross-stitches. Work the backstitches using 1 ply of black floss. Place the finished stitchery face down on a soft towel, and press from the back.
4. Create ornament. Fuse the medium-weight interfacing to the wrong side of the stitchery. Using small sharp scissors, trim the stitchery one square beyond the stitched area of the design.
5. Add a hanger. Thread the needle with one strand of Japan thread. Thread the Japan thread through the top center back of the ornament; knot the ends.