12"-square sheets of double-sided scrapbook paper (number of sheets needed depends on length of desired garland)
2" circle punch (such as Fiskars Round 'n Round Squeeze Punch, extra large)
Contrasting all-purpose polyester sewing thread
90/14 universal sewing machine needle
Assemble the Garland
1. Cut the double-sided scrapbooking paper into 2-1⁄2×12-inch strips.
2. Punch circles from the length of each strip (photo above). Place circles in stacks of three.
3. Leaving long thread tails from your sewing machine (these will be needed later for hanging), stitch through the center of one stack of circles using all-purpose sewing thread. Note: For consistently centered stitches on all circles, apply pieces of painter's tape on the bed of the machine; position the pieces 2" apart and use tape as a guide as you feed the circles through the machine (photo above).
4. Continue feeding each stack of circles into the machine, immediately following the first. Continue with all remaining stacks.
5. When desired garland length is reached, secure the end of the stitching with a few backstitches. Remove
the garland from the machine and leave long thread tails for hanging.
6. Open and finger-press the circles along the center stitching (photo above). Hang the garland from the thread tails.