1. Draw a five-point star onto the wood. Hammer a nail into each point of the star just far enough to hold it in place.
2. Randomly thread a 2-foot length of wire with small beads. Wrap one end of the wire around a nail, leaving a long tail of wire. Wrap the wire around the nails to form a star. Interlock the wire to secure the beads in each section. End at the beginning nail, leaving a long tail.
3. Repeat with another length of wire threaded with larger beads, intertwining the wires.
4. Remove the star from the form and twist the wire tails together to form a hanger.
What You Need:For a festive look, use a miniature Christmas ornament for the center charm.
- 4-inch-long jewelry eye pin
- 7/8-inch-diameter dowel scrap
- Wire cutters
- Assorted beads in one colorway
- Miniature Christmas ornament (optional)
- 1-inch-long jewelry head pins
- Needle-nose or jewelry pliers
1. Wrap the eye pin around the dowel to shape it, overlapping the loop by 1/4 inch. Clip off the excess wire.
2. String the beads onto the head pins. If using an ornament in the center, make two bead strands. If not using an ornament, make two short strands and one long strand for the center. Clip the head pin wire to 1/4 inch above the top bead. Bend the wire to form a loop.
3. Slide the bead strands and ornament onto the eye pin ring. Bend the last 1/4 inch of the eye pin into a hook that will attach to the loop on the other end of the ring.
1. Thread the pendant bead onto the copper wire, sliding it to the center of the wire. Fold the wire in half and run it through the remaining beads and the bead cap. Reserve one bead for the top.
2. Turn the remaining (top) bead sideways. Separate the wires and slide them through the bead in opposing directions. Twist the wires together at the top, form a small loop, and twist them together again. Trim away the excess wire.
Better Homes & Gardens Creative Collection 100 Holiday Ideas® 2003
Want to host a hassle-free holiday but don't know how? Let 100 Holiday Ideas be your guide! Packed with quick and easy ideas for dazzling ornaments, trims, cards, gifts, wreaths, and trees to use as inspiration for your own holiday decorating! Find out how to keep it simple, use the materials you already have on hand (or can find in a flash), and effortlessly combine them for festive touches you can make tonight!
Pick up your copy of 100 Holiday Ideas today, then relax and enjoy hearing your guests say "Why didn't I think of that?" as they admire your stylish (and hassle-free) holiday decorating, treats and gifts! Available now at your favorite newsstand, or call 1-800-688-6611 to order your copy!
Featured in this issue:
- Bead It -- Add sparkle to your tree and table with quick and easy bead projects!
- Holiday Trims -- Kids will love making these fun and easy holiday decorations!
- Little Touches -- Quick embellishments spread holiday cheer throughout your house!
- Wrap Artistry -- Creative and fun ways to personalize papers, cards, and tags!
- 'Tis Better to Give -- Family and friends will treasure these handmade and heartfelt gifts!
- Cookie Magic -- The perfect no-fuss way to keep it sweet yet save the time!
- Tranquil Attitudes -- Create calm within the chaos with these serene arrangements!