A timeless gift, personalized clocks are practical and meaningful.
1. Purchase a simple, flat-faced clock from a discount store. Don't worry about the image on the clock face -- it won't show once you're done.
2. Remove the clock hardware, if possible. Trace the clock face on scrap paper to use as a template. Divide the template into fourths and use it to cut pieces of patterned paper to fit the clock front.
3. Using a foam makeup applicator, apply a thin layer of decoupage medium or clear-drying liquid adhesive to the clock front. Lay the patterned paper pieces in place and apply another thin layer of adhesive on top.
4. Once the clock has dried, add stickers and paper cutouts for the numbers and decorations. Seal these with another thin layer of adhesive and let dry.
5. To give the clock an aged look, dab a bit of sepia ink onto the clock with another foam makeup applicator. Then reinstall the clock hardware.