Ginger-and-Mint Lime Floats
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Chill: 30 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- 1 cup water
- 1 2 1/2 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 4 sprigs fresh mint, torn into small pieces
- 1 cup lime sorbet or sherbet
- 2 - 3 cups club soda, chilled
- Finely shredded lime peel (optional)
- For ginger syrup, in a blender combine the water and ginger. Cover and blend until ginger is pureed. Transfer mixture to a small saucepan. Stir in sugar. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 10 minutes or until mixture is reduced to 1 cup; cool completely. Chill for at least 30 minutes (up to 1 week).
- For each float, pour 1/4 cup of the ginger syrup into a tall glass; add 1 tablespoon of the lime juice and 1 torn mint sprig. To muddle, gently crush mint with the back of a spoon. Add 1/4 cup of the sorbet; slowly fill with club soda. If desired, garnish with lime peel.
Nutrition Facts (Ginger-and-Mint Lime Floats)
- Per serving:
- 183 kcal ,
- 1 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 0 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 3 mg chol. ,
- 43 mg sodium ,
- 45 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 38 g sugar ,
- 1 g pro.
Cooking with Beer
Incorporate your favorite brew into these flavorful recipes. The rich taste of beer intensifies during cooking and...
How to Make Irish Soda Bread
Celebrate St. Patrick's Day by savoring a warm piece of Irish Soda Bread straight out of the oven. Here's our yummi...
Easy Buffet Party Idea: Baked Potato Bar
A serve-yourself potato bar is the easiest buffet party to throw. It's affordable, quick to assemble, and your part...
How to Pair Beer and Food
Game-day gatherings, backyard BBQs, and casual parties of all kinds demand good beer and good food. Get to know bee...
Celebrate St. Patrick's Day with these fresh takes on traditional Irish recipes, including shepherd's pie, corned b...
St. Patrick's Day Craft Ideas
Celebrate the spirit of St. Patrick's Day by making creative crafts with your kids! They'll love putting on a lepre...
How to Wear Green for St. Patrick's Day
Americans often wear green on March 17 in honor of St. Patrick's Day. Don't have any green shirts in your closet? C...
St. Patrick's Day Ideas
This March 17, celebrate all St. Patrick's Day has to offer with our fun St. Patrick's Day ideas. We've complied a...