Asparagus, Frisee, Edamame, and Parsley Salad
- Makes: 4 servings
- Start to Finish: 25 mins
- 4 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons sweet rice wine (mirin)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 6 cups torn frisee lettuce
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame (sweet soybeans), thawed
- 1 cup coarsely snipped fresh parsley
- For dressing, in a small bowl stir together 1 tablespoon of the avocado oil, the rice wine, rice vinegar, soy sauce, salt, and garlic. Set aside.
- In a large skillet heat the remaining 3 tablespoons avocado oil over medium-high heat. Add asparagus; cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until asparagus starts to brown and is crisp-tender, tossing occasionally.
- Transfer asparagus to a large bowl. Add frisee, edamame, and parsley. Drizzle with dressing; toss gently.
From the Test Kitchen
Icon: high fiber, energy boosting, vegetarian
Nutrition Facts (Asparagus, Frisee, Edamame, and Parsley Salad)
- Per serving:
- 211 kcal ,
- 16 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 10 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 0 mg chol. ,
- 823 mg sodium ,
- 13 g carb. ,
- 5 g fiber ,
- 4 g sugar ,
- 7 g pro.
Our Best Summer Salads
These fresh summer salad recipes are anything but ordinary. Our irresistible combinations of seasonal vegetables an...
Healthy Farmers Market Recipes
Take a trip to your local farmers market and check out all the fresh fruits and vegetables it has to offer. We've c...
Spring Potluck Sides and Salads
Bring something new to the table this spring. Fresh herbs and vegetables, hearty grains and potatoes -- these delic...
Fresh Winter Salads
Salads aren't just for summer! Each of these winter salad recipes features seasonal ingredients, can be made in les...
How to Make Salad Dressing
Shake up a quick salad dressing and love the homemade difference. The recipe for vinaigrette can be as simple as oi...
How to Make Chopped Salad
Toss your old ideas about mixed greens. Learn how to build a light and refreshing chopped salad recipe with our eas...
How to Make Cobb Salad
Your favorite loaded salad isn't just for restaurants anymore. Follow our Cobb salad recipe to learn how to make th...
15 Garden-Fresh Salad Recipes
For a quick and easy seasonal dinner, toss together one of these fresh salads chock-full of good-for-you ingredient...