Bibb Lettuce Salad with Smoky Ranch Dressing
- Makes: 8 servings
- Start to Finish: 20 mins
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion (1)
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 heads butterhead (Boston or Bibb) lettuce, torn
- 1 cup yellow pear-shape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup crumbled crisp-cooked bacon (optional)
- For dressing, place garlic clove on a cutting board and smash with the side of a wide knife. Sprinkle garlic with salt. Using the side of the knife, mash and rub garlic into a paste. Transfer garlic paste to a medium bowl. Whisk in buttermilk, mayonnaise, sour cream, parsley, chives, green onion, vinegar, paprika, and pepper until combined.
- In a salad bowl combine lettuce, tomatoes, and, if desired, bacon. Serve with dressing.
From the Test Kitchen
To Make Ahead:
Prepare dressing as directed in Step 1. Transfer to an airtight container. Cover and chill for up to 1 week. Continue as directed.
Nutrition Facts (Bibb Lettuce Salad with Smoky Ranch Dressing)
- Per serving:
- 70 kcal ,
- 5 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 5 mg chol. ,
- 158 mg sodium ,
- 4 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 2 g pro.
Our Best Summer Salads
These fresh summer salad recipes are anything but ordinary. Our irresistible combinations of seasonal vegetables an...
Healthy Farmers Market Recipes
Take a trip to your local farmers market and check out all the fresh fruits and vegetables it has to offer. We've c...
Spring Potluck Sides and Salads
Bring something new to the table this spring. Fresh herbs and vegetables, hearty grains and potatoes -- these delic...
Fresh Winter Salads
Salads aren't just for summer! Each of these winter salad recipes features seasonal ingredients, can be made in les...
How to Make Salad Dressing
Shake up a quick salad dressing and love the homemade difference. The recipe for vinaigrette can be as simple as oi...
How to Make Chopped Salad
Toss your old ideas about mixed greens. Learn how to build a light and refreshing chopped salad recipe with our eas...
How to Make Cobb Salad
Your favorite loaded salad isn't just for restaurants anymore. Follow our Cobb salad recipe to learn how to make th...
15 Garden-Fresh Salad Recipes
For a quick and easy seasonal dinner, toss together one of these fresh salads chock-full of good-for-you ingredient...