Roasted Vegetable Pasta Salad
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Stand: 10 mins
- 1/2 cup dried tomatoes (not oil-packed), sliced
- 8 ounces dried gemelli or other small shape whole grain pasta
- 3 cups Basic Roasted Vegetables
- 3 cups baby or torn fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 1 15 ounce can cannellini beans (white kidney beans), rinsed and drained
- 5 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place dried tomatoes in a small bowl. Cover with boiling water; let stand for 10 minutes. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Rinse pasta under cold water; drain well. Drain tomatoes.
- In a large bowl combine pasta, tomatoes, Roasted Vegetables, arugula, and beans. In a small bowl whisk together vinegar, olive oil, garlic, pepper, and salt. Add to pasta mixture; gently toss to coat.
- To serve, spoon salad into shallow bowls.
Basic Roasted Vegetables
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line four 15x10x1-inch baking pans* with foil. Coat foil with nonstick cooking spray. Place potatoes and onions in one prepared pan. Place carrots and parsnips in second prepared pan. Place sweet peppers in third prepared pan. Place mushrooms and garlic in remaining prepared pan. Drizzle olive oil evenly over vegetables in each pan. Toss lightly to coat all the vegetables. Sprinkle all vegetables evenly with salt and pepper.
- Place pans with potatoes, onions, carrots, and parsnips in the oven. Roast, uncovered, for 45 to 50 minutes or until tender and brown on the edges, stirring once. Remove pans from oven and let cool on wire racks.
- Place the pan with the sweet peppers in the oven. Roast for 15 minutes. Add the pan with the mushrooms and garlic to the oven. Roast for 10 minutes more or until vegetables are tender, stirring once. Remove pans from oven and let cool on wire racks.
- Place cooled vegetables in the desired amounts in airtight containers; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days and use in recipes as desired. Makes 15 cups.
Nutrition Facts (Basic Roasted Vegetables)
- Per serving:
- 98 kcal ,
- 5 g fat
- ( 1 g sat. fat ,
- 0 mg chol. ,
- 168 mg sodium ,
- 13 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 4 g sugar ,
- 2 g pro.
From the Test Kitchen
If you don't have four 15x10x1-inch pans, you can prepare the vegetables in batches and reuse pans as needed or use disposable foil pans.
Nutrition Facts (Roasted Vegetable Pasta Salad)
- Per serving:
- 374 kcal ,
- 10 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 6 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 0 mg chol. ,
- 431 mg sodium ,
- 60 g carb. ,
- 8 g fiber ,
- 13 g sugar ,
- 12 g pro.
Healthy Slow Cooker Appetizer Recipes
These delicious slow cooker appetizers prove that you can stick to a healthy eating plan even while you party. Each...
Healthy Chicken Recipes
If you're looking for easy ways to eat healthy meals, incorporate chicken as a staple. It's one of the leanest meat...
Tips Before You Toss
Handling greens properly, from the store to your dinner table, ensures crisp and flavorful salads.
Healthy Dinner Recipes Under $3
We all want the same thing: a delicious (and healthy!) inexpensive dinner. Try our recipes, each a healthy dinner i...
Healthy Casserole Recipes
It's true: You can get all the home-cooked flavor and warmth of a casserole recipe without all the calories and fat...
25 Low-Calorie Desserts
Indulge in something sweet with these light, tasty dessert treats. All have less than 300 calories per serving.
Healthy 5-Ingredient Dinner Recipes
Create mouthwatering meals with just a few vibrant fixings using one of our five-ingredient dinner recipes. With ou...