Roasted Pumpkin, Arugula, and Dried Cherry Salad
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Roast: 35 mins 450°F
- 1 small pumpkin or 2 butternut squash (3 to 4 pounds total), peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 5 ounce package baby arugula or torn arugula
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas), toasted
- 1/4 cup dried cherries or dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil; set aside. In a large bowl combine pumpkin chunks, the 2 tablespoons olive oil, the 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the 1/4 teaspoon pepper; toss to combine. Spread in the prepared baking pan. Roast about 35 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender. Cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, arrange arugula on a large serving platter or bowl. Top with cooled pumpkin, pumpkin seeds, and dried cherries.
- For dressing, in a small bowl whisk together the 1/4 cup olive oil, the vinegar, and maple syrup. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper. Drizzle dressing evenly over the salad. Toss gently to mix.
Nutrition Facts (Roasted Pumpkin, Arugula, and Dried Cherry Salad)
- Per serving:
- 203 kcal ,
- 14 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 9 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 0 mg chol. ,
- 228 mg sodium ,
- 19 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 8 g sugar ,
- 4 g pro.
Pumpkin Pie Recipes
From traditional pumpkin pie recipes to elegant and creative variations (such as pumpkin pie pudding, cheesecake, a...
Think outside the box when it's time for pumpkin recipes! Sure, there's pumpkin pie—but pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin...
How to Make Pumpkin Pie from a Pumpkin
Pick up a pumpkin or two and make an amazing homemade pumpkin pie. You will love the fresh, full flavor of baking w...
Savory Pumpkin Recipes
These savory pumpkin recipes deserve just as much room on your holiday menu as pumpkin dessert recipes. In these di...
Luscious Pumpkin Desserts
With classic pumpkin desserts like pumpkin pie and new favorites like pumpkin bread pudding and pumpkin cupcakes, o...
Warm and Cozy Fall Desserts
If you ask us, our best fall desserts are always in season. But these served-warm treats—boasting pumpkin, chocolat...