- Makes: 20 servings
- Start to Finish: 35 mins
- 20 fresh or frozen jumbo shrimp in shells
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese, at room temperature (2 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup toasted pumpkin seeds*
- 1/4 cup bottled Italian vinaigrette salad dressing
- 20 3/4-inch-thick slices baguette-style French bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese, shaved (optional)
- Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact. Rinse shrimp. In a large skillet, cook shrimp in a large amount of boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp are opaque. Drain well.
- Preheat broiler. In a medium bowl, whisk together pumpkin, goat cheese, lemon juice, and honey; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine shrimp, arugula, onion, pumpkin seeds, and salad dressing; set aside.
- Brush both sides of baguette slices lightly with olive oil. Arrange on a large baking sheet. Broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat about 2 minutes or until toasted, turning bread over once.
- Spread pumpkin mixture on one side of toasted baguette slices. Top each with a shrimp and some of the arugula mixture. If desired, top each with shaved Parmesan cheese. Makes 20 appetizers.
From the Test Kitchen
*Test Kitchen Tip:
To toast pumpkin seeds: Place pumpkin seeds in a dry large skillet; cover. Heat over medium heat about 5 minutes or until seeds are toasted, shaking skillet occasionally.
Nutrition Facts (Pumpkin-Shrimp Bruschetta)
- Per serving:
- 116 kcal ,
- 5 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 37 mg chol. ,
- 156 mg sodium ,
- 10 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 2 g sugar ,
- 8 g pro.
Pumpkin Pie Recipes
From traditional pumpkin pie recipes to elegant and creative variations (such as pumpkin pie pudding, cheesecake, a...
Think outside the box when it's time for pumpkin recipes! Sure, there's pumpkin pie—but pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin...
How to Make Pumpkin Pie from a Pumpkin
Pick up a pumpkin or two and make an amazing homemade pumpkin pie. You will love the fresh, full flavor of baking w...
Savory Pumpkin Recipes
These savory pumpkin recipes deserve just as much room on your holiday menu as pumpkin dessert recipes. In these di...
Luscious Pumpkin Desserts
With classic pumpkin desserts like pumpkin pie and new favorites like pumpkin bread pudding and pumpkin cupcakes, o...
Warm and Cozy Fall Desserts
If you ask us, our best fall desserts are always in season. But these served-warm treats—boasting pumpkin, chocolat...