Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Bake: 30 mins 325°F
- Stand: 24 hrs
- 2 cups raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Rinse pumpkin seeds until pulp and strings are washed off; drain.
- Spread seeds on a waxed paper-lined 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Let stand for 24 to 48 hours or until dry, stirring occasionally. In a medium bowl combine pumpkin seeds, cooking oil, and salt.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Remove waxed paper from baking pan. Return seeds to pan. Bake, uncovered, 30 to 35 minutes until lightly toasted and crisp, stirring twice. Cool on paper towels. Makes 2 cups
From the Test Kitchen
Use seeds from pie pumpkins or a carving pumpkin. don't use seeds from decorative white pumpkins. Select small seeds -- the larger seeds will pop in the oven and will be tough.
Nutrition Facts (Toasted Pumpkin Seeds)
- Per serving:
- 202 kcal ,
- 21 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 8 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 6 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 152 mg sodium ,
- 5 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 9 g pro.
Pumpkin Pie Recipes
From traditional pumpkin pie recipes to elegant and creative variations (such as pumpkin pie pudding, cheesecake, a...
Think outside the box when it's time for pumpkin recipes! Sure, there's pumpkin pie—but pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin...
How to Make Pumpkin Pie from a Pumpkin
Pick up a pumpkin or two and make an amazing homemade pumpkin pie. You will love the fresh, full flavor of baking w...
Savory Pumpkin Recipes
These savory pumpkin recipes deserve just as much room on your holiday menu as pumpkin dessert recipes. In these di...
Luscious Pumpkin Desserts
With classic pumpkin desserts like pumpkin pie and new favorites like pumpkin bread pudding and pumpkin cupcakes, o...
Warm and Cozy Fall Desserts
If you ask us, our best fall desserts are always in season. But these served-warm treats—boasting pumpkin, chocolat...