Quinoa-Pumpkin Seed Granola
- Makes: 13 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Bake: 20 mins 350°F
- 3/4 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed and well-drained
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1/2 cup whole and/or slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup flax seed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3/4 cup dried cherries, cranberries, golden raisins and/or snipped dried apricots
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl combine quinoa, pumpkin seed, almonds, and flax seed. In a small microwave-safe bowl heat honey on 100 percent power (high) for 20 seconds. Stir in oil, cinnamon, and salt. Pour honey mixture over quinoa mixture; toss to coat. Spread in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes or until golden, stirring twice. Stir in dried fruit. Cool for 15 minutes in the pan. Spread out on foil. Cool completely, breaking up any large pieces. Transfer to an airtight container to store. Store up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
From the Test Kitchen
Over baked apple slices with milk and maple syrup or honey; over applesauce; atop sliced bananas with yogurt; or just eat plain.
Nutrition Facts (Quinoa-Pumpkin Seed Granola)
- Per serving:
- 191 kcal ,
- 11 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 5 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 0 mg chol. ,
- 94 mg sodium ,
- 22 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 11 g sugar ,
- 6 g pro.
Pumpkin Pie Recipes
From traditional pumpkin pie recipes to elegant and creative variations (such as pumpkin pie pudding, cheesecake, a...
Think outside the box when it's time for pumpkin recipes! Sure, there's pumpkin pie—but pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin...
How to Make Pumpkin Pie from a Pumpkin
Pick up a pumpkin or two and make an amazing homemade pumpkin pie. You will love the fresh, full flavor of baking w...
Savory Pumpkin Recipes
These savory pumpkin recipes deserve just as much room on your holiday menu as pumpkin dessert recipes. In these di...
Luscious Pumpkin Desserts
With classic pumpkin desserts like pumpkin pie and new favorites like pumpkin bread pudding and pumpkin cupcakes, o...
Warm and Cozy Fall Desserts
If you ask us, our best fall desserts are always in season. But these served-warm treats—boasting pumpkin, chocolat...