Lemon-Zested Snacker Mix
- Makes: 24 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: About 2 1/2 hours (low) or 1 hour 20 minutes (high)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 5 cups bite-size multigrain or wheat square cereal
- 2 cups plain pita chips, broken into bite-sizes pieces
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1 1 ounce packet dry ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded lemon peel
- Lightly coat a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In prepared slow cooker combine cereal, pita chips, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, salad dressing mix, dill weed, and rosemary. Drizzle mixture with oil, tossing gently to blend.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 2 1/2 hours, stirring every 40 minutes or on high-heat setting for 80 minutes, stirring every 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle lemon peel over mixture, tossing gently to blend. Spread mixture in an even layer on a l13x9x2-inch baking sheet; cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
From the Test Kitchen
For Easy Cleanup:
Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts (Lemon-Zested Snacker Mix)
- Per serving:
- 107 kcal ,
- 5 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 0 mg chol. ,
- 209 mg sodium ,
- 15 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 3 g sugar ,
- 2 g pro.
Pumpkin Pie Recipes
From traditional pumpkin pie recipes to elegant and creative variations (such as pumpkin pie pudding, cheesecake, a...
Think outside the box when it's time for pumpkin recipes! Sure, there's pumpkin pie—but pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin...
How to Make Pumpkin Pie from a Pumpkin
Pick up a pumpkin or two and make an amazing homemade pumpkin pie. You will love the fresh, full flavor of baking w...
Savory Pumpkin Recipes
These savory pumpkin recipes deserve just as much room on your holiday menu as pumpkin dessert recipes. In these di...
Luscious Pumpkin Desserts
With classic pumpkin desserts like pumpkin pie and new favorites like pumpkin bread pudding and pumpkin cupcakes, o...
Warm and Cozy Fall Desserts
If you ask us, our best fall desserts are always in season. But these served-warm treats—boasting pumpkin, chocolat...