Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake with Sugared Pepitas
- Makes: 16 servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Bake: 1 hr 15 mins 350°F
- Cool: 2 hrs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup crushed shortbread cookies
- 4 8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 15 ounce can pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Sugared Pepitas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Wrap a double layer of foil around the bottom and outside of an ungreased 9-inch springform pan to form a watertight seal; set aside.
- For crust, in a small mixing bowl combine the 1/4 cup sugar and the butter. Beat with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until mixture is fluffy. Add flour and crushed cookies; beat until combined. Press mixture onto the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a large mixing bowl combine cream cheese and the 1-1/2 cups sugar. Beat on medium-high speed until mixture is fluffy. Add pumpkin, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, and cloves; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust-lined pan, spreading evenly.
- Place the foil-wrapped pan in a large roasting pan. Pour enough boiling water into roasting pan to reach halfway up sides of the springform pan.
- Bake for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until a 2-inch area around the outside edge appears set and the center appears nearly set when gently shaken. Carefully remove springform pan from water. Remove foil from pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack (about 2 hours). Cover and chill cheesecake overnight.
- Prepare Sugared Pepitas; set aside. Using a small sharp knife, loosen cheesecake from sides of pan. Remove sides of pan. Sprinkle pepitas over cheesecake.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with parchment paper; set aside. In a small saucepan combine 1/3 cup sugar and water. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves; remove from heat. Let mixture cool. In a medium bowl combine pepitas with cooled sugar mixture; toss well to combine. Spread in prepared baking pan. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar and salt. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until light brown and crisp, stirring twice. Let cool on baking sheet. Makes 2 cups.
Nutrition Facts (Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake with Sugared Pepitas)
- Per serving:
- 393 kcal ,
- 27 g fat
- (14 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 7 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 123 mg chol. ,
- 256 mg sodium ,
- 34 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 27 g sugar ,
- 7 g pro.
Pumpkin Pie Recipes
From traditional pumpkin pie recipes to elegant and creative variations (such as pumpkin pie pudding, cheesecake, a...
Think outside the box when it's time for pumpkin recipes! Sure, there's pumpkin pie—but pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin...
How to Make Pumpkin Pie from a Pumpkin
Pick up a pumpkin or two and make an amazing homemade pumpkin pie. You will love the fresh, full flavor of baking w...
Savory Pumpkin Recipes
These savory pumpkin recipes deserve just as much room on your holiday menu as pumpkin dessert recipes. In these di...
Luscious Pumpkin Desserts
With classic pumpkin desserts like pumpkin pie and new favorites like pumpkin bread pudding and pumpkin cupcakes, o...
Warm and Cozy Fall Desserts
If you ask us, our best fall desserts are always in season. But these served-warm treats—boasting pumpkin, chocolat...