Baked Pumpkin Pudding
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cool: 15 mins
- Bake: 40 mins to 45 mins 350°F
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon toasted pumpkin seeds or coarsely chopped pecans or pistachios
- 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon butter, softened
- Toasted pumpkin seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat four 6-ounce ramekins or custard cups with cooking spray. Place ramekins in a 2-quart square baking dish; set aside. In a medium bowl stir together pumpkin, milk, the 1/3 cup brown sugar, the egg whites, and pumpkin pie spice. Divide pumpkin mixture among ramekins.
- In a small bowl combine oats, the 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds, the 2 teaspoons brown sugar, and the butter, stirring with a fork until crumbly. Sprinkle oat mixture evenly over pumpkin mixture.
- Place baking dish on oven rack. Pour boiling water into the baking dish around ramekins to a depth of 1 inch. Bake, uncovered, for 40 to 45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center of each pudding comes out clean. Carefully remove ramekins from water. Cool on a wire rack at least 15 minutes before serving. (Or, after cooling for up to 1 hour, cover and chill for up to 24 hours.) If desired, sprinkle with additional pumpkin seeds before serving.
Nutrition Facts (Baked Pumpkin Pudding )
- Per serving:
- 148 kcal ,
- 2 g fat
- (10 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 3 mg chol. ,
- 59 mg sodium ,
- 29 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 24 g sugar ,
- 4 g pro.
Pumpkin Pie Recipes
From traditional pumpkin pie recipes to elegant and creative variations (such as pumpkin pie pudding, cheesecake, a...
Think outside the box when it's time for pumpkin recipes! Sure, there's pumpkin pie—but pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin...
How to Make Pumpkin Pie from a Pumpkin
Pick up a pumpkin or two and make an amazing homemade pumpkin pie. You will love the fresh, full flavor of baking w...
Savory Pumpkin Recipes
These savory pumpkin recipes deserve just as much room on your holiday menu as pumpkin dessert recipes. In these di...
Luscious Pumpkin Desserts
With classic pumpkin desserts like pumpkin pie and new favorites like pumpkin bread pudding and pumpkin cupcakes, o...
Warm and Cozy Fall Desserts
If you ask us, our best fall desserts are always in season. But these served-warm treats—boasting pumpkin, chocolat...