- Makes: 10 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Bake: 5 mins 425°F
- 2 small green and/or red sweet peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin 1-inch-long strips
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or cooking oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley or cilantro
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat cream cheese (tub style)
- 5 6 inches flour tortillas
- Salsa (optional)
- In a large nonstick skillet cook sweet peppers and onion in 1 teaspoon of the oil for 3 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in cumin and chili powder. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Stir in parsley. Set aside.
- Spread cream cheese over half of 1 side of each tortilla. Top with pepper mixture. Fold tortilla in half over peppers, pressing gently.
- Place tortillas on an ungreased large baking sheet. Brush tortillas with the remaining 1 teaspoon oil. Bake in a 425 degree F oven for 5 minutes. Cut each quesadilla into 4 wedges. Serve warm. If desired, pass the salsa. Makes 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Veggie-Stuffed Quesadillas)
- Per serving:
- 85 kcal ,
- 3 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 4 mg chol. ,
- 118 mg sodium ,
- 11 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 2 g pro.
How to Throw a Casual Mexican Taco Party Like a Chef
Whether you're celebrating Day of the Dead, Cinco de Mayo, or just a low-key Friday night with friends, a build-you...
Fresh Salsa Recipes
Fresh salsa makes a perfect topping on chicken, beef, pork, or fish, and is equally delicious served as an appetize...
Mexican Chicken Recipes
From classic chicken tacos and chicken enchiladas to new flavors like chicken empanadas, our collection of Mexican...
20 Slow Cooker Mexican Favorites
From enchiladas and fajitas to tacos and burritos, these flavorful slow cooker Mexican recipes will top your list o...
Classic Mexican Recipes with a Twist
We've put a new twist on the classics, including burritos, quesadillas, tacos, and fajitas, for a fresh dinner idea...
Our Best Vegetarian Mexican Dishes
Mexican recipes are full of vegetarian favorites—black beans, avocados, and oodles of fresh vegetables. These Mexic...
How to Make Burritos
Burritos are fun to fill and fold and to eat. Jumbo Mission-style burritos are trendy now; here's how to make them...
How to Make Mexican Rice
Serve a bowl of colorful Mexican rice with tacos or enchiladas, or tuck the rice inside burritos.