Orange and Raspberry Chip Shortbread
- Makes: 48 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Bake: 25 mins 325°F
- Stand: 30 mins
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded orange peel
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup raspberry-chocolate baking pieces
- Orange Glaze (see recipe below)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a medium mixing bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar and orange peel. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Add flour and beat until crumbly. Stir in the baking pieces with a wooden spoon, pressing dough together until smooth.
- On an ungreased cookie sheet, press dough into a 12x8-inch rectangle (about 1/4 inch thick). Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until bottom just begins to brown and center is set. Cool on sheet on a wire rack. Spread Orange Glaze over cooled shortbread. Let stand at least 30 minutes until glaze is set. Cut lengthwise into three strips. Cut each strip crosswise into eight pieces, making 24 rectangles. Cut each rectangle lengthwise into two pieces. Makes 48.
From the Test Kitchen
Place cookies in layers separated by waxed paper in an airtight container; cover; store at room temperature for up to 3 days. Or freeze uncut shortbread for up to 3 months; thaw, glaze, and cut shortbread.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, butter, and the 1 tablespoon orange juice. If necessary, whisk in additional orange juice, 1 teaspoon at a time, until glaze is of desired consistency.
Nutrition Facts (Orange and Raspberry Chip Shortbread)
- Per serving:
- 74 kcal ,
- 5 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 10 mg chol. ,
- 28 mg sodium ,
- 8 g carb. ,
- 3 g sugar ,
- 1 g pro.
Cute Desserts for Every Season
With desserts as cute as these, there's always a reason to celebrate. Pick and choose from our adorable-as-ever hol...
Scrumptious Italian Desserts
Touting creamy gelato and richly delicious cakes, Italy produces some of the world's most beloved desserts. Crafted...
Share some sweets at your next get-together with our favorite potluck desserts. We have the desserts you've been dr...
Healthy Baking Products and Swaps
These heart-healthy baking essentials will help you trim fat and sodium, plus boost fiber, antioxidants, and whole...
Impressive Desserts for Special Occasions
These gorgeous desserts will be the talk of your family, friends, and guests. When you really want the final course...
Dark Chocolate Desserts
Bittersweet dark chocolate is a king among chocolate-lovers. Take the rich treat one step further and include it in...
20 Outstanding Orange Desserts
Hints of orange add brightness and sparkle to these irresistible desserts. Our collection of citrus-flavored sweets...
Easy 30-Minute Desserts
End your day on a sweet note with these quick and easy dessert recipes. Our collection of speedy treats includes cr...