Jerk Pork Wraps with Lime Mayo
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 8 hrs to 10 hrs (low) or 4 to 5 hours (high)
- 1 1 1/2 pound boneless pork shoulder roast
- 1 tablespoon Jamaican jerk seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 6 8 inches flour tortillas
- 6 lettuce leaves (optional)
- 1 medium red or green sweet pepper, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 medium mango, peeled, seeded, and chopped, or 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 1 recipe Lime Mayo (recipe below)
- Trim fat from meat. Sprinkle jerk seasoning evenly over pork; rub into meat with your fingers. Place meat in a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle with thyme. Pour water over meat in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
- Remove meat from slow cooker; discard cooking liquid. When cool enough to handle, shred meat by pulling two forks through it in opposite directions; discard any fat. Place meat in a medium bowl. Stir lime juice into meat.
- If desired, line tortillas with lettuce leaves. Spoon 1/2 cup meat mixture onto the center of each tortilla. Top with about 1 tablespoon sweet pepper and 2 to 3 tablespoons mango. Top with about 2 tablespoons Lime Mayo. Fold up one side of each tortilla; fold in side edges. Roll up and serve immediately.
From the Test Kitchen
For Easy Cleanup:
Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, remove food from your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
To warm tortillas, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Wrap tortillas tightly in foil. Bake about 10 minutes or until heated through.
- In a small bowl stir together mayonnaise, red onion, lime peel, lime juice, and garlic. Cover and store in refrigerator until ready to serve or for up to 1 week.
Nutrition Facts (Jerk Pork Wraps with Lime Mayo)
- Per serving:
- 343 kcal ,
- 16 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat ,
- 5 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 6 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 80 mg chol. ,
- 501 mg sodium ,
- 24 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 7 g sugar ,
- 25 g pro.
Regional Italian Recipes
Regional specialties are celebrated in Italy, and we've brought the best of the best right into your kitchen. Our f...
12 Tequila Recipes That Will Knock Your Socks Off
Our tequila recipes make it easy to fit your favorite booze into a meal, such as a chicken marinade, a light salad...
Have a fiesta any night with one of our authentic taco recipes. Whether your family loves fish tacos, traditional g...
Ethnic-Inspired Casserole Recipes
For a fuss-free dish with a fresh twist, try one of our simple make-ahead casseroles for dinner tonight.
Chicken Stir Fry Recipes
Bold, Asian-inspired ingredients make our favorite chicken stir-fry recipes an obvious choice for a quick and easy...
How to Make Homemade Ravioli
Learn how to make delicious ravioli in 7 easy steps.
Scrumptious Italian Desserts
Touting creamy gelato and richly delicious cakes, Italy produces some of the world's most beloved desserts. Crafted...
Must-Try Mexican Desserts
Craving a way to satisfy your sweet tooth after a taco dinner or fajita feast? Try one of our fan-favorite Mexican...
20 Easy Indian-Inspired Recipes
These chicken recipes, vegetarian dishes, and popular curries are full of pleasing ingredients such as cardamom, co...
Easy Ethnic Slow Cooker Suppers
With a little planning and your trusty slow cooker, you can create a delicious meal that's loaded with global flavo...