Fresh Citrus and Cranberry Salad
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Chill: 1 hr
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 4 oranges
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped (1/3 cup)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 5 ounce package baby arugula
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil or olive oil
- For Cranberry Topper, in food processor cover and pulse cranberries 5 times to coarsely chop (or coarsely chop by hand). Transfer to bowl.
- Cut peel from oranges. Section oranges over bowl to catch juice. Add sections and juice to cranberries. Stir in celery, onion, sugar, lemon juice, and ginger. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 2 days.
- Toss arugula with mint and oil. Top with cranberry mixture. Serves 8.
Nutrition Facts (Fresh Citrus and Cranberry Salad)
- Per serving:
- 92 kcal ,
- 4 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 0 mg chol. ,
- 16 mg sodium ,
- 15 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 11 g sugar ,
- 1 g pro.
Make-Ahead Thanksgiving Appetizers
Overwhelmed by holiday-meal prep? Get a head start by making delicious and easy holiday appetizers now. By doing a...
Make-Ahead Holiday Side Dishes
Preparing holiday side dishes shouldn't be stressful. Make-ahead methods and shortcut ingredients make easy work of...
22 Fresh Thanksgiving Dessert Ideas
Our Thanksgiving desserts will make you want to ditch plain pumpkin pie! This year, turn to a Thanksgiving dessert...
11 Shortcut Thanksgiving Recipes from Sara Foster
From easy appetizers to beautiful desserts, these Thanksgiving recipes from Sara Foster are filled with make-ahead...
15-Minute (or Less) Thanksgiving Recipes
Looking for a last-minute recipe to add to this year's Thanksgiving dinner? These quick and easy Thanksgiving recip...
Top Thanksgiving Side Dishes
Spice up Thanksgiving traditions by adding new twists to classic Thanksgiving side dishes. The indispensable Thanks...
Potluck Thanksgiving Dinner
Our Thanksgiving potluck recipes will help whether you're hosting the party or looking for the perfect portable sid...
Think outside the box when it's time for pumpkin recipes! Sure, there's pumpkin pie—but pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin...