Cauliflower Crowns with Pesto and Prosciutto
- Makes: 12 servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Chill: Up to 24 hrs
- 2 heads cauliflower (about 1 1/2 lb. each)
- 1 cup snipped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup smoked walnuts or almonds
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon or 2 teaspoons dried tarragon, crushed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons diced prosciutto or bacon (1 oz.)
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley sprig (optional)
- Wash cauliflower heads and remove leaves and woody stems. Break each cauliflower heat into 6 to 8 clusters. In 6-quart Dutch oven cook cauliflower, covered, in a small amount of boiling salted water about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain. Transfer to a covered storage container and chill up to 24 hours.
- Meanwhile, for pesto, in a food processor bowl or blender container combine snipped parsley, walnuts or almonds, oil, tarragon, garlic, and vinegar. Cover and process or blend with several on-off turns until smooth. Transfer to a storage container and cover and chill.
- Place cauliflower in a microwave safe 2-quart oval baking dish. Microcook on 100 percent power (high) for 4 to 6 minutes, turning dish once. Drizzle melted butter over cauliflower. Pour half of the pesto around base of cauliflower and pass remainder. Makes 12 side-dish servings.
From the Test Kitchen
To serve right away:
Cauliflower and pesto may be served without chilling.
Nutrition Facts (Cauliflower Crowns with Pesto and Prosciutto)
- Per serving:
- 155 kcal ,
- 15 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 5 mg chol. ,
- 69 mg sodium ,
- 5 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 3 g pro.
Make-Ahead Thanksgiving Appetizers
Overwhelmed by holiday-meal prep? Get a head start by making delicious and easy holiday appetizers now. By doing a...
Make-Ahead Holiday Side Dishes
Preparing holiday side dishes shouldn't be stressful. Make-ahead methods and shortcut ingredients make easy work of...
22 Fresh Thanksgiving Dessert Ideas
Our Thanksgiving desserts will make you want to ditch plain pumpkin pie! This year, turn to a Thanksgiving dessert...
11 Shortcut Thanksgiving Recipes from Sara Foster
From easy appetizers to beautiful desserts, these Thanksgiving recipes from Sara Foster are filled with make-ahead...
15-Minute (or Less) Thanksgiving Recipes
Looking for a last-minute recipe to add to this year's Thanksgiving dinner? These quick and easy Thanksgiving recip...
Top Thanksgiving Side Dishes
Spice up Thanksgiving traditions by adding new twists to classic Thanksgiving side dishes. The indispensable Thanks...
Potluck Thanksgiving Dinner
Our Thanksgiving potluck recipes will help whether you're hosting the party or looking for the perfect portable sid...
Think outside the box when it's time for pumpkin recipes! Sure, there's pumpkin pie—but pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin...