- Makes: 14 servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Bake: 55 mins 350°F
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped toasted pecans or walnuts
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan; set aside. In a small bowl stir together 1/3 cup of the sugar, the pecans, and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together the remaining 1 cup sugar, the flour, baking powder, and salt. In a medium bowl beat egg with a fork; stir in milk and oil. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Fold in cranberries.
- Spoon half of the batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with half of the pecan mixture. Repeat with remaining batter and cinnamon mixture. Using a thin metal spatula or table knife, cut down through batter and pull up in a circular motion to marble the cinnamon mixture.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack. Wrap and store overnight before slicing.
Nutrition Facts (Cranberry-Nut Bread)
- Per serving:
- 227 kcal ,
- 9 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 5 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 17 mg chol. ,
- 122 mg sodium ,
- 35 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 20 g sugar ,
- 3 g pro.
Make-Ahead Thanksgiving Appetizers
Overwhelmed by holiday-meal prep? Get a head start by making delicious and easy holiday appetizers now. By doing a...
Make-Ahead Holiday Side Dishes
Preparing holiday side dishes shouldn't be stressful. Make-ahead methods and shortcut ingredients make easy work of...
22 Fresh Thanksgiving Dessert Ideas
Our Thanksgiving desserts will make you want to ditch plain pumpkin pie! This year, turn to a Thanksgiving dessert...
11 Shortcut Thanksgiving Recipes from Sara Foster
From easy appetizers to beautiful desserts, these Thanksgiving recipes from Sara Foster are filled with make-ahead...
15-Minute (or Less) Thanksgiving Recipes
Looking for a last-minute recipe to add to this year's Thanksgiving dinner? These quick and easy Thanksgiving recip...
Top Thanksgiving Side Dishes
Spice up Thanksgiving traditions by adding new twists to classic Thanksgiving side dishes. The indispensable Thanks...
Potluck Thanksgiving Dinner
Our Thanksgiving potluck recipes will help whether you're hosting the party or looking for the perfect portable sid...
Think outside the box when it's time for pumpkin recipes! Sure, there's pumpkin pie—but pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin...