Smoky Cheese Ball
- Makes: 56 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- 2 8 ounce package cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded smoked cheese (cheddar, Swiss, or Gouda)
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons steak sauce
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts, toasted
- Assorted crackers
- Combine cheeses and margarine or butter in a medium mixing bowl; bring to room temperature. Add milk and steak sauce; beat until fluffy. Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours.
- Shape mixture into a ball. Roll in nuts. To travel to a picnic or pot-luck, cover and transport in an insulated cooler with ice packs. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts (Smoky Cheese Ball)
- Per serving:
- 74 kcal ,
- 7 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 13 mg chol. ,
- 72 mg sodium ,
- 1 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 2 g pro.
Make-Ahead Thanksgiving Appetizers
Overwhelmed by holiday-meal prep? Get a head start by making delicious and easy holiday appetizers now. By doing a...
Make-Ahead Holiday Side Dishes
Preparing holiday side dishes shouldn't be stressful. Make-ahead methods and shortcut ingredients make easy work of...
22 Fresh Thanksgiving Dessert Ideas
Our Thanksgiving desserts will make you want to ditch plain pumpkin pie! This year, turn to a Thanksgiving dessert...
11 Shortcut Thanksgiving Recipes from Sara Foster
From easy appetizers to beautiful desserts, these Thanksgiving recipes from Sara Foster are filled with make-ahead...
15-Minute (or Less) Thanksgiving Recipes
Looking for a last-minute recipe to add to this year's Thanksgiving dinner? These quick and easy Thanksgiving recip...
Top Thanksgiving Side Dishes
Spice up Thanksgiving traditions by adding new twists to classic Thanksgiving side dishes. The indispensable Thanks...
Potluck Thanksgiving Dinner
Our Thanksgiving potluck recipes will help whether you're hosting the party or looking for the perfect portable sid...
Think outside the box when it's time for pumpkin recipes! Sure, there's pumpkin pie—but pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin...