Lemon-Zested Snacker Mix
- Makes: 24 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: About 2 1/2 hours (low) or 1 hour 20 minutes (high)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 5 cups bite-size multigrain or wheat square cereal
- 2 cups plain pita chips, broken into bite-sizes pieces
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1 1 ounce packet dry ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded lemon peel
- Lightly coat a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In prepared slow cooker combine cereal, pita chips, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, salad dressing mix, dill weed, and rosemary. Drizzle mixture with oil, tossing gently to blend.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 2 1/2 hours, stirring every 40 minutes or on high-heat setting for 80 minutes, stirring every 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle lemon peel over mixture, tossing gently to blend. Spread mixture in an even layer on a l13x9x2-inch baking sheet; cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
From the Test Kitchen
For Easy Cleanup:
Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts (Lemon-Zested Snacker Mix)
- Per serving:
- 107 kcal ,
- 5 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 0 mg chol. ,
- 209 mg sodium ,
- 15 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 3 g sugar ,
- 2 g pro.
Make-Ahead Thanksgiving Appetizers
Overwhelmed by holiday-meal prep? Get a head start by making delicious and easy holiday appetizers now. By doing a...
Make-Ahead Holiday Side Dishes
Preparing holiday side dishes shouldn't be stressful. Make-ahead methods and shortcut ingredients make easy work of...
22 Fresh Thanksgiving Dessert Ideas
Our Thanksgiving desserts will make you want to ditch plain pumpkin pie! This year, turn to a Thanksgiving dessert...
11 Shortcut Thanksgiving Recipes from Sara Foster
From easy appetizers to beautiful desserts, these Thanksgiving recipes from Sara Foster are filled with make-ahead...
15-Minute (or Less) Thanksgiving Recipes
Looking for a last-minute recipe to add to this year's Thanksgiving dinner? These quick and easy Thanksgiving recip...
Top Thanksgiving Side Dishes
Spice up Thanksgiving traditions by adding new twists to classic Thanksgiving side dishes. The indispensable Thanks...
Potluck Thanksgiving Dinner
Our Thanksgiving potluck recipes will help whether you're hosting the party or looking for the perfect portable sid...
Think outside the box when it's time for pumpkin recipes! Sure, there's pumpkin pie—but pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin...