Brownie Surprise Pops
- Makes: servings
- Prep: 45 mins
- Bake: 12 mins 350°F
- Cool: 10 mins
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate-hazelnut spread
- 20 rounded paper lollipop sticks
- 1 recipe Chocolate Yum Frosting
- Hazelnuts (filberts) or desired nuts, toasted and finely chopped
- Multicolor sprinkles (jimmies)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease twenty 1 3/4-inch muffin cups. Lightly dust muffin cups with cocoa powder; set aside.
- In a small saucepan heat and stir chocolate, butter, and milk over medium heat until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in granulated sugar, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla until thoroughly combined. Stir in flour and salt.
- Divide half of the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon of the chocolate-hazelnut spread over batter in each muffin cup. Spoon the remaining batter over the hazelnut spread in muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until brownies are set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. If necessary, run a narrow metal spatula around the edges of the muffin cups to loosen brownies. Remove brownies from muffin cups. Transfer brownies to a wire rack; cool completely.
- Insert a lollipop stick in the side of each brownie. Spoon Chocolate Yum Frosting over each rounded top. Sprinkle with finely chopped nuts or sprinkles.
From the Test Kitchen
Layer pops between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Chocolate Yum Frosting
- In a small saucepan combine butter, cocoa powder, and corn syrup. Heat and stir over medium heat until butter melts and mixture is smooth. Whisk in powdered sugar and milk. Stir in additional milk, 2 teaspoons at a time, until icing reaches drizzling consistency.
Nutrition Facts (Brownie Surprise Pops)
- Per serving:
- 208 kcal ,
- 11 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 27 mg chol. ,
- 69 mg sodium ,
- 29 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 21 g sugar ,
- 2 g pro.
Festive Make-Ahead Meal Ideas
Get ahead with your holiday cooking and baking -- and save time on the day of your get-together -- with these delic...
Easy Slow Cooker Appetizers
Looking for no-fuss appetizer recipes to kick off your party? It's time to whip out that slow cooker! Including jui...
Holiday Appetizer Buffet Recipes
Ranging from elegant seafood nibbles to hearty picks like meatballs, hot dips, and deviled eggs, these Christmas ap...
Elegant Dinner Party Buffet
From appetizers to desserts, these Christmas dinner recipes will help you create a holiday spread with something fo...
Make-Ahead Holiday Side Dishes
Preparing holiday side dishes shouldn't be stressful. Make-ahead methods and shortcut ingredients make easy work of...
Crowd-Pleasing Holiday Casserole Recipes
Beat the chaos of the holidays with a delicious, hearty casserole recipe (or two). Casseroles are easy to make ahea...
Our Best Christmas Cookie Ideas
Whether it's bars, sandwich cookies, or biscotti, amaze family and friends with these show stopping Christmas cooki...
Delicious Make-Ahead Pies, Cakes, and Tarts
Create a scrumptious dessert that pleases family and guests without adding to your dinnertime workload with one of...