Cheese Wafers with Pepper Jelly
- Makes: servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Chill: 2 hrs to 24 hrs
- Bake: 8 mins 400°F per batch
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, cut up
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons water
- Purchased jalapeno pepper jelly
- In a food processor, combine flour, butter, sugar, salt, curry powder, and cayenne pepper. Cover and process with two or three on-off pulses until mixture resembles peas. Add cheese. Cover and process with two or three on-off pulses. Add the water, 1 tablespoon at a time, pulsing after each addition just until mixture is moistened.
- Gather mixture into a ball; divide in half. Shape each half into a 10-inch log. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 2 to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a large baking sheet. Cut logs into 1/4-inch slices. Place slices on the prepared baking sheet. Prick slices with a fork. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until wafers are starting to brown on edges. Transfer to a wire rack; cool. Serve with pepper jelly.
From the Test Kitchen
Layer wafers between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Freeze for up to 3 months. To serve, thaw at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake wafers about 10 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts (Cheese Wafers with Pepper Jelly)
- Per serving:
- 33 kcal ,
- 2 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 6 mg chol. ,
- 33 mg sodium ,
- 2 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 0 g sugar ,
- 1 g pro.
Festive Make-Ahead Meal Ideas
Get ahead with your holiday cooking and baking -- and save time on the day of your get-together -- with these delic...
Easy Slow Cooker Appetizers
Looking for no-fuss appetizer recipes to kick off your party? It's time to whip out that slow cooker! Including jui...
Holiday Appetizer Buffet Recipes
Ranging from elegant seafood nibbles to hearty picks like meatballs, hot dips, and deviled eggs, these Christmas ap...
Elegant Dinner Party Buffet
From appetizers to desserts, these Christmas dinner recipes will help you create a holiday spread with something fo...
Make-Ahead Holiday Side Dishes
Preparing holiday side dishes shouldn't be stressful. Make-ahead methods and shortcut ingredients make easy work of...
Crowd-Pleasing Holiday Casserole Recipes
Beat the chaos of the holidays with a delicious, hearty casserole recipe (or two). Casseroles are easy to make ahea...
Our Best Christmas Cookie Ideas
Whether it's bars, sandwich cookies, or biscotti, amaze family and friends with these show stopping Christmas cooki...
Delicious Make-Ahead Pies, Cakes, and Tarts
Create a scrumptious dessert that pleases family and guests without adding to your dinnertime workload with one of...