Spring Green Smoothies
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 5 mins
- Cool: 5 mins
- 4 ounces fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces (1/2 cup)
- 3 cups packaged fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup seedless green grapes
- 2 ripe kiwifruits, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup white grape juice
- 3/4 cup ice cubes
- In a small saucepan cook asparagus, covered, in a small amount of boiling water about 5 minutes or until very tender. Drain; let cool for 5 minutes.
- In a blender combine asparagus, spinach, grapes, kiwifruits, and grape juice. Cover and blend until very smooth, stopping and scraping sides of blender as needed. Add ice cubes. Cover and blend until smooth.
- Pour into tall glasses and serve immediately.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare smoothies as directed. Transfer to an airtight freezer container. Cover and chill for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 6 months. If frozen, thaw in the refrigerator. Stir well before serving.
Nutrition Facts (Spring Green Smoothies)
- Per serving:
- 85 kcal ,
- 0 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 0 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 0 mg chol. ,
- 37 mg sodium ,
- 20 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 15 g sugar ,
- 2 g pro.
Ripe, juicy strawberry drinks make a delicious addition to your recipe repertoire. We've rounded up our best for yo...
This is a smart start to your day.
How to Peel a Mango
The large, hard oval seed in the center of a mango can make it a challenge to peel and harvest the juicy flesh. Her...
How to Make a Smoothie
A smoothie can be as simple as fruit juice, yogurt, and ice, blended into an on-the-run meal or a filling snack. Th...
How to Select Fresh Fruit
When picking fruits, look for plumpness, tenderness, and bright color.
35+ Refreshing Summer Drinks
Beat the heat with these cool summer drinks. With refreshing summer cocktails and mocktails as well as creative twi...