Creamy Green Smoothies
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 8 mins
- Cool: 30 mins
- 2 small cooking apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1/2 of a medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup small fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup lime sherbet
- 3/4 cup ice cubes
- Place a steamer basket in a saucepan. Add water to just below the bottom of the basket. Bring water to boiling. Add apples, zucchini, and broccoli to steamer basket. Cover and reduce heat. Steam for 8 to 10 minutes or until very tender. Remove from heat; cool completely.
- Transfer apple mixture to a blender. Add sherbet. Cover and blend until very smooth, stopping and scraping sides of blender as needed. Add ice cubes. Cover and blend until smooth.
- Pour into tall glasses and serve immediately.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare smoothies as directed. Transfer to an airtight freezer container. Cover and chill for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 6 months. If frozen, thaw in the refrigerator. Stir well before serving.
Nutrition Facts (Creamy Green Smoothies)
- Per serving:
- 105 kcal ,
- 1 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 0 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 3 mg chol. ,
- 21 mg sodium ,
- 23 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 19 g sugar ,
- 1 g pro.
Ripe, juicy strawberry drinks make a delicious addition to your recipe repertoire. We've rounded up our best for yo...
This is a smart start to your day.
How to Peel a Mango
The large, hard oval seed in the center of a mango can make it a challenge to peel and harvest the juicy flesh. Her...
How to Make a Smoothie
A smoothie can be as simple as fruit juice, yogurt, and ice, blended into an on-the-run meal or a filling snack. Th...
How to Select Fresh Fruit
When picking fruits, look for plumpness, tenderness, and bright color.
35+ Refreshing Summer Drinks
Beat the heat with these cool summer drink recipes. With both alcoholic and nonalcoholic fruit drinks as well as cr...