Sweet Honey-Ginger Beet and Mango Smoothies
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- 8 ounces yellow beets, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 medium yellow sweet pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces, or 1/2 cup frozen yellow corn kernels
- 2 cups frozen mango cubes
- 1 12 ounce package soft or firm silken-style tofu
- 3/4 cup mango nectar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- honey (optional)
- In a small saucepan cook beets, covered, in a small amount of boiling water for 5 minutes. Add sweet pepper. Cook, covered, for 5 to 10 minutes more or until vegetables are very tender. Add mango cubes. Immediately drain off the water.
- Transfer beet mixture to a blender. Add tofu, mango, honey, and ginger. Cover and blend until smooth, stopping and scraping sides of blender as needed.
- Pour into tall glasses, drizzle with honey if desired, and serve immediately.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare smoothies as directed. Transfer to an airtight freezer container. Cover and chill for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 6 months. If frozen, thaw in the refrigerator. Stir well before serving.
Nutrition Facts (Sweet Honey-Ginger Beet and Mango Smoothies)
- Per serving:
- 226 kcal ,
- 2 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 0 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 0 mg chol. ,
- 52 mg sodium ,
- 49 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 43 g sugar ,
- 6 g pro.
Ripe, juicy strawberry drinks make a delicious addition to your recipe repertoire. We've rounded up our best for yo...
This is a smart start to your day.
How to Peel a Mango
The large, hard oval seed in the center of a mango can make it a challenge to peel and harvest the juicy flesh. Her...
How to Make a Smoothie
A smoothie can be as simple as fruit juice, yogurt, and ice, blended into an on-the-run meal or a filling snack. Th...
How to Select Fresh Fruit
When picking fruits, look for plumpness, tenderness, and bright color.
35+ Refreshing Summer Drinks
Beat the heat with these cool summer drink recipes. With both alcoholic and nonalcoholic fruit drinks as well as cr...