Decorative and useful hardscape pieces and plantings soften the lines of a towering fence.
- Simple detailing, including a wide cap piece, breaks up an otherwise overwhelming facade on an extra-tall fence
- Hung on the fence, a decorative latticework sculpture serves as an outdoor-ready, artistic element.
- A low stone bench, with river rock collected on top and at the base, offers an additional seating spot.
- Near the base of the fence, lights provide a safety element and ambience for nighttime gatherings.
- Groundcover and a midheight tree soften the geometric lines of the paved seating area.
Low-Maintenance Perennials for the Midwest
Choose these perennials for a bold, beautiful, low-maintenance garden that fills your yard with color all summer lo...
Create Stunning Hanging Baskets
Use these easy plant-by-numbers recipes to put together the most beautiful hanging baskets in your neighborhood.
Plant a Living Wreath
Plant this low-care, living wreath to hang on your doorway, fence, or deck for beauty through the season.
The Better Homes & Gardens Plant Encyclopedia is an invaluable resource for new and experienced gardeners everywher...
New Varieties for 2013
Learn about the hottest new perennial and annual flowers, as well as vegetables and blooming trees and shrubs.
Top Flowering Shrubs for the Midwest
Pretty, long-blooming shrubs are a perfect fit for gardens old and new. Check out these expert picks for Midwestern...
Home Landscaping 101
Here's how to get begin planning a practical home landscape that will grow more beautiful over time.