Strawberry Meringue Pie
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 45 mins
- Bake: 10 mins to 12 mins 450°F
- Stand: 30 mins
- 1 rolled refrigerated unbaked piecrust (1/2 of a 15-oz. pkg.)
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 7 tablespoons lemon curd
- 5 cups fresh strawberries (halve large berries)
- Snipped fresh mint
- Let unbaked crust stand at room temperature according to package directions. Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Unroll and line 9-inch pie plate with crust; flute edge, if desired. Prick bottom and sides of crust with fork. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven; cool on rack. Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, for meringue layer, in large mixing bowl let egg whites stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Add vanilla and cream of tartar. Beat on medium until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar. Beat on high until stiff peaks form and sugar is almost dissolved. Spread in baked piecrust, building up meringue along edges. Bake 35 minutes. Cool on rack. Meringue will fall slightly.
- In large bowl microcook lemon curd on 50 percent power (medium) 15 to 20 seconds. Spread 4 tablespoons warm curd on meringue. Add berries to remaining lemon curd; lightly stir to coat. Spoon into pie shell. Refrigerate 30 to 60 minutes. To serve, top with fresh mint. Cut with serrated knife. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Strawberry Meringue Pie)
- Per serving:
- 262 kcal ,
- 8 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 16 mg chol. ,
- 143 mg sodium ,
- 46 g carb. ,
- 4 g fiber ,
- 29 g sugar ,
- 2 g pro.
Game-Changing Strawberry Dessert Recipes
From strawberry shortcakes and parfaits to strawberry-rhubarb pies and dessert pizzas, these strawberry dessert rec...
Strawberries add sparkle to every dish they go in. Here, strawberries brighten salads for an unexpected and delicio...
Strawberry Jam Recipes
Why buy strawberry jam when you can make your own mouthwatering spreads? Featuring surprising ingredients such as b...
Fresh Rhubarb Recipes
Rhubarb's naturally tart flavor makes a perfect addition to sweet treats, but don't limit fresh rhubarb to dessert...
Healthy Dinner Recipes for Spring
Shake off the winter chill with healthy spring recipes including silky carrot soup and avocado-slathered sandwiches...
Our Best-Ever Spring Recipes from Better Homes and Gardens
There's always something new in the Better Homes and Gardens® Test Kitchen. Every year, our editors and Test Kitche...
In-Season Spring Dinners
Along with pastel flowers and warmer weather, spring brings a bounty of fresh produce to your kitchen table. From a...
Our Best Spring Desserts
Spring is all about sweets. Including moist cupcakes accented with rosemary and decadent blueberry cheesecake bars,...