Strawberry Cream Pie
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 3 mins
- Chill: 4 hrs
- 2 1/2 cups fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons frozen limeade concentrate or frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 3 slightly beaten egg whites
- 1 tablespoon tequila or orange juice
- 1 3 ounce package ladyfingers, split
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 8 ounce container frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed
- Sliced fresh strawberries (optional)
- Fresh mint (optional)
- Place the 2-1/2 cups strawberries in a blender container or food processor. Cover and blend or process until nearly smooth. Measure strawberries (you should have about 1-1/2 cups.)
- In a medium saucepan stir together the sugar and gelatin. Stir in the blended strawberries and limeade concentrate. Cook and stir over medium heat until the mixture bubbles and the gelatin is dissolved. Gradually stir about half of the strawberry mixture into the egg whites. Return mixture to the saucepan. Cook, stirring constantly, over low heat about 3 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened. Do not boil. Pour into a medium bowl; stir in tequila. Chill until mixture mounds when spooned, stirring occasionally (about 2 hours).
- Meanwhile, cut half of the split ladyfingers in half crosswise; stand on end around the outside edge of a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom or a 9-inch springform pan. Arrange remaining split ladyfingers in the bottom of the pan. Drizzle the 2 tablespoons orange juice over the ladyfingers.
- Fold whipped topping into strawberry mixture. Spoon into prepared pan. Cover and chill about 2 hours or until set. If desired, garnish with sliced strawberries and mint.
Nutrition Facts (Strawberry Cream Pie)
- Per serving:
- 130 kcal ,
- 3 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 39 mg chol. ,
- 48 mg sodium ,
- 22 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 4 g pro.
Game-Changing Strawberry Dessert Recipes
From strawberry shortcakes and parfaits to strawberry-rhubarb pies and dessert pizzas, these strawberry dessert rec...
Strawberries add sparkle to every dish they go in. Here, strawberries brighten salads for an unexpected and delicio...
Strawberry Jam Recipes
Why buy strawberry jam when you can make your own mouthwatering spreads? Featuring surprising ingredients such as b...
Fresh Rhubarb Recipes
Rhubarb's naturally tart flavor makes a perfect addition to sweet treats, but don't limit fresh rhubarb to dessert...
Healthy Dinner Recipes for Spring
Shake off the winter chill with healthy spring recipes including silky carrot soup and avocado-slathered sandwiches...
Our Best-Ever Spring Recipes from Better Homes and Gardens
There's always something new in the Better Homes and Gardens® Test Kitchen. Every year, our editors and Test Kitche...
In-Season Spring Dinners
Along with pastel flowers and warmer weather, spring brings a bounty of fresh produce to your kitchen table. From a...
Our Best Spring Desserts
Spring is all about sweets. Including moist cupcakes accented with rosemary and decadent blueberry cheesecake bars,...