- Makes: 12 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cool: 2 hrs
- Bake: 35 mins 375°F
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 4 teaspoons margarine or butter, melted
- 2 8 ounce package fat-free cream cheese (block style)
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon shredded lemon peel
- 3 eggs or 3/4 cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed
- 1/4 cup fat-free or light dairy sour cream
- 2 teaspoons fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- In a small bowl stir together the graham cracker crumbs and melted margarine or butter. Press onto the bottom of an 8-inch springform pan. Set aside.
- Cut up the cream cheese. In a large food processor bowl place the undrained cottage cheese and the 1/4 cup milk. Cover and process until smooth. Add cream cheese, the 3/4 cup sugar, the flour, 1 teaspoon of the vanilla, and the lemon peel. Cover; process until smooth. Add the eggs or egg product and process just until combined. Do not over process. Pour mixture into pan. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until set. Cool for 15 minutes. Using a narrow metal spatula, loosen the side of the cheesecake from pan. Cool 30 minutes more, then remove the side of pan. Cool completely. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours.
- In a small bowl combine the sour cream, 2 teaspoons milk, the 1 teaspoon sugar, and the remaining vanilla. To serve, arrange berries on top of cheesecake; drizzle with sour cream mixture. Makes 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Strawberry-Topped Cheesecake)
- Per serving:
- 163 kcal ,
- 3 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 62 mg chol. ,
- 92 mg sodium ,
- 22 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 11 g pro.
Game-Changing Strawberry Dessert Recipes
From strawberry shortcakes and parfaits to strawberry-rhubarb pies and dessert pizzas, these strawberry dessert rec...
Strawberries add sparkle to every dish they go in. Here, strawberries brighten salads for an unexpected and delicio...
Strawberry Jam Recipes
Why buy strawberry jam when you can make your own mouthwatering spreads? Featuring surprising ingredients such as b...
Fresh Rhubarb Recipes
Rhubarb's naturally tart flavor makes a perfect addition to sweet treats, but don't limit fresh rhubarb to dessert...
Healthy Dinner Recipes for Spring
Shake off the winter chill with healthy spring recipes including silky carrot soup and avocado-slathered sandwiches...
Our Best-Ever Spring Recipes from Better Homes and Gardens
There's always something new in the Better Homes and Gardens® Test Kitchen. Every year, our editors and Test Kitche...
In-Season Spring Dinners
Along with pastel flowers and warmer weather, spring brings a bounty of fresh produce to your kitchen table. From a...
Our Best Spring Desserts
Spring is all about sweets. Including moist cupcakes accented with rosemary and decadent blueberry cheesecake bars,...