Strawberry and Rhubarb with Cheesecake Cream
- Makes: 8 servings
- Start to Finish: 20 mins
- 12 ounces fresh rhubarb, chopped (3 cups)
- 8 ounces fresh strawberries, chopped (2 cups)
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- Shortbread cookies (optional)
- In a medium bowl stir together rhubarb, strawberries, and strawberry jam. Let mixture stand at room temperature while preparing cream cheese mixture.
- Meanwhile, for Cheesecake Cream, in a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until sugar is dissolved. While beating on medium speed, gradually add whipping cream. Beat until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Layer about 1/2 cup each fruit mixture and Cheesecake Cream into eight 8-oz. canning jars.
- Serve right away or cover and chill up to 24 hours. Serve with shortbread cookies, if desired.
From the Test Kitchen
If using frozen rhubarb, stir frozen rhubarb together with jam and strawberries and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes or until rhubarb has thawed. Stir before using. Assemble as above.
Nutrition Facts (Strawberry and Rhubarb with Cheesecake Cream)
- Per serving:
- 378 kcal ,
- 27 g fat
- (16 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 7 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 93 mg chol. ,
- 117 mg sodium ,
- 33 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 25 g sugar ,
- 3 g pro.
Game-Changing Strawberry Dessert Recipes
From strawberry shortcakes and parfaits to strawberry-rhubarb pies and dessert pizzas, these strawberry dessert rec...
Strawberries add sparkle to every dish they go in. Here, strawberries brighten salads for an unexpected and delicio...
Strawberry Jam Recipes
Why buy strawberry jam when you can make your own mouthwatering spreads? Featuring surprising ingredients such as b...
Fresh Rhubarb Recipes
Rhubarb's naturally tart flavor makes a perfect addition to sweet treats, but don't limit fresh rhubarb to dessert...
Healthy Dinner Recipes for Spring
Shake off the winter chill with healthy spring recipes including silky carrot soup and avocado-slathered sandwiches...
Our Best-Ever Spring Recipes from Better Homes and Gardens
There's always something new in the Better Homes and Gardens® Test Kitchen. Every year, our editors and Test Kitche...
In-Season Spring Dinners
Along with pastel flowers and warmer weather, spring brings a bounty of fresh produce to your kitchen table. From a...
Our Best Spring Desserts
Spring is all about sweets. Including moist cupcakes accented with rosemary and decadent blueberry cheesecake bars,...