Strawberries and Cream Cheese Waffle Sandwiches
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 2 mins per sandwich
- 1/3 cup light cream cheese, softened
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 8 slices whole grain sandwich bread
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup low-fat granola
- 2 tablespoons salted, roasted sunflower kernels
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Honey (optional)
- In a small bowl stir together cream cheese and 4 teaspoons honey. Spread one side of bread slices with cream cheese mixture. Top four of the bread slices with strawberries, granola, and sunflower kernels. Top with the remaining four bread slices, spread sides down.
- Coat a waffle baker with cooking spray; heat according to the manufacturer's directions. Cook sandwiches, one at a time, in waffle baker about 2 minutes or until golden. When done, use a fork to lift sandwich off grid . Cut sandwiches into halves or quarters. If desired, serve with additional honey.
Nutrition Facts (Strawberries and Cream Cheese Waffle Sandwiches)
- Per serving:
- 274 kcal ,
- 8 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 13 mg chol. ,
- 346 mg sodium ,
- 40 g carb. ,
- 6 g fiber ,
- 14 g sugar ,
- 10 g pro.
Game-Changing Strawberry Dessert Recipes
From strawberry shortcakes and parfaits to strawberry-rhubarb pies and dessert pizzas, these strawberry dessert rec...
Strawberries add sparkle to every dish they go in. Here, strawberries brighten salads for an unexpected and delicio...
Strawberry Jam Recipes
Why buy strawberry jam when you can make your own mouthwatering spreads? Featuring surprising ingredients such as b...
Fresh Rhubarb Recipes
Rhubarb's naturally tart flavor makes a perfect addition to sweet treats, but don't limit fresh rhubarb to dessert...
Healthy Dinner Recipes for Spring
Shake off the winter chill with healthy spring recipes including silky carrot soup and avocado-slathered sandwiches...
Our Best-Ever Spring Recipes from Better Homes and Gardens
There's always something new in the Better Homes and Gardens® Test Kitchen. Every year, our editors and Test Kitche...
In-Season Spring Dinners
Along with pastel flowers and warmer weather, spring brings a bounty of fresh produce to your kitchen table. From a...
Our Best Spring Desserts
Spring is all about sweets. Including moist cupcakes accented with rosemary and decadent blueberry cheesecake bars,...